A few of my fellow bloggers and I have been lamenting the fact that we haven’t spent as much time on WordPress lately because life has gotten in the way. We just can’t seem to write or read as many posts as we’d like. It seems that none of us wants to give in to this trend, but life happens.
So I was thinking… What if we had a venue for writing short posts that would be quick to write and quick to read. Not to take away from normal posts, especially Guest in Jest! This will certainly not replace that! But for those short on time, it might be a fun experiment.
So, I was thinking… What would be the best way to do this? I have learned from my experience with Guest in Jest that it is hard for some people to just come up with funny stories out of the ether, but I will continue to beg and
force request them to do just that. However, how could I encourage those who just don’t have the time, but DO have the skill and truly want to write.
So, I was thinking… What if I set up a series to do just that? Since it is hard to quickly pick a topic, maybe I could provide a prompt of some sort? I know there are folks out there who provide a word and then everyone does a piece based on that word. I don’t want to steal that cool idea, but I did have another. We’ve been having fun with idioms lately. What if I posted an idiom and that could be the prompt for a humorous post? And what if I put a limit on the number of words. Hmmm, maybe 25? What do you think?
In summary, in bullet points, because that’s quicker to read:
- I post an idiom as a prompt …when I have time.
- You write a humorous post, in 25 words or less…when you have time.
- Any style is acceptable…all of the time.
- Send post to me at firstname.lastname@example.org …as time allows.
- I publish each post as they come in…when I have time.
- We all read whatever posts we have time to read…when we have time.
- No time limits, no pressure, just a random idiom prompt, and 25-word limit.
Would that be fun? Anyone feel like participating in something like this?