I asked for ideas on how best to do this and I got some great ones:
- Publish quotes as they come in.
- Publish quote with an added comment or story to go along with it.
- I put out a random word from a random word generator (who knew?) and let the related quotes come in as comments.
- #3, but instead of comments I publish them all singly.
- #3 or #4 and we do a poll for favorite of the week like The Six Word Story Challenge
- Some combination of the above.
I am more than willing to do any and all. Luckily, I have the time to be a Quote Wrangler!
At a very minimum, we should do the quotes on their own and quotes with commentary.
I think doing a random word each week would be a lot of fun. More people would see each quote more readily if I published them singly.
As for a weekly contest, maybe we could revisit that once we find out how popular this is. What are your thoughts?
Perhaps we could use hashtag #quidproquote so that our Twitter friends can follow along. I’ve never done a lot with Twitter, but it’s time I learn a little bit about it.
I’m really excited about this. I might have to coax our resident artist look into creating a featured image for us. Hint hint Silas!